Please consider holding off on the early removal of epoch 1051

• Support Guru

1.0.6 to 1.0.6.1 is super easy as it's mostly client file changes. The Epoch forums are there if anyone gets stuck on the update

• @MGTDB said in Please consider holding off on the early removal of epoch 1051:

1.0.6 to 1.0.6.1 is super easy as it's mostly client file changes. The Epoch forums are there if anyone gets stuck on the update

Easy?
    Recoding my Origins bulding system to work with 1.0.6.1 would take a LONG time.
    And that's something i'm lacking.

• Support Guru

@VeteranREAL If it's your building system, why are you lacking the ability to update it? hmmm

• @MGTDB He didn't say he lacked ability. If you read it properly your find he said he lacked time.

• Support Guru

If he had updated it for 1.0.6 then it would of been done for 1.0.6.1?
    The problem with having multiple versions of the same mod on the launcher is there is no incentive for people like VeteranREAL to update their stuff.

• Honestly, I have been working on updating since August, I was ready for 106. If you made some adjustments for stuff, 106 is and was stable...you just had to tweak some stuff to get the fps playable for people that have potatoes for computers. It ran fairly well for anyone who didn't have a 10 year old computer. 106 is more stable than 1051...I haven't had a server crash yet that runs 106, when it used to happen every month or so with 1051.

106 has been in the works for a couple years now. They went and worked on it hardcore for 2016 and it was released in November. It was announced that 1051 was going to go away in DayZ Launcher a while ago.

You can still run 1051 if you want, just not with this launcher. People really should have been updating their code months and months ago. You're probably better off going vanilla Epoch and re-writing around that anyways as you figure out what they've done.

• Hi guys,

We have a fairly new server less than two weeks. It is using 1051 and obviously just found out about changes happening from today legacy mod download which says will be removed from 17th.

Can someone direct us to perhaps a list of mods which are compatible for 1.61 and whether if paid sponsorship of a server through dayz launcher will still be working with servers who might be still using 1.5.1.

thanks

• @MGTDB The ignorance is real. I wish i had 10% of your brain, maybe id understand where you're coming from. Easy, yeah maybe for you...im gald everyone thinks that everyone is as smart in coding as the rest... We are all different...but at least i try. Put your ego aside, and look at the bigger picture here...which is what the community asking for. I wonder if this has ever happened before, this much drama over the removal of a mod on launcher... probably not..the reason for that is because its ridiculous...and people are coming here voicing their opinions on the early removal of a mod, to only receive nasty ignorant immature comments like yours, and a i quote "If it's your building system, why are you lacking the ability to update it? hmmm" If you read, like you should have, its not the ability, its the time....

You're ignorance amazes me... i can why the world is the way it is nowadays..grats, hope you slept better after your insulting comments. hope it made you feel better

• Noone wants to update because noone fucking plays the new update, there are no populated servers on it.
    Everyone would rather run the old update with custom scripts made to how they like.. There is no insensitive to update unless you want to kill population.
    A perfect example of dead new update servers dont have any pop look at MGT's DayZ server, average 2 population in the last month, who the fuck wants that lol
    Basically a case of fucking around with what little population Arma 2 has left, if this was Exile with an actual alive population I would understand.
    These Epoch updates are welcomed, but they are years too late. Just leave it how it is and let this already dead game run its course.

• As i expected, the launcher is not telling me to update to epoch 1061 when launching it, it simple recognises that there are files there already.
    http://prnt.sc/egjz8h

Would it not have been a much better idea to have simply had it called @Dayz_Epoch1061 ? therefore people would see that they need to actually download it and not have it shown as "Needs Checking" which all my mods have and they all work fine...?

Looks like your connection to Launcher Support Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.