map list in server list

• I always like to check out the new maps that are put on a3launcher and I noticed that CLA Clafghan isn't in the list of maps on the server list. I also noticed that Dakrong is listed under maps in the server list, but it's not in the Mod page to be downloaded.

• administrators

Map names are just whatever the server reports back.
    So reason for no Afghan map is there is no server currently running it on a3launcher list.
    Download the mod & fly around it in the editor to have a look

Dakrong is from a single server that isn't reporting any addons, but apparently its a terrain from Unsung Addon

• @Torndeco What I mean is, if you look in the Mods tab, there's maps in there that don't show up in the Maps drop down on the server list. Another example is Isla Abramia. It's in the Mods tab but not listed as a map that I can filter servers for. I have seen some maps listed that there are no servers for. Is it a matter of the mod was added to the mods tab but someone forgot to add them to the drop down map list in the server browser?

• administrators

The map list is generated, when the launcher opens and is based off the server list. As part of the steam query, servers report what map they are running. So that map dropdown will only show maps that are currently running on servers.

• @maca134 said in map list in server list:

The map list is generated, when the launcher opens and is based off the server list. As part of the steam query, servers report what map they are running. So that map dropdown will only show maps that are currently running on servers.

I've tried filtering by some maps that I see in the map drop down on the server list, and no servers show up. Does that mean a server WAS running that map but now has gone offline?

Looks like your connection to Launcher Support Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.