There was an error that could not be recovered from. HALP!!

• I click to open my launcher and now I get that error! it was working fine like 1 hour ago.

• administrators

Need more information

• Hey, I am having the exact same problem, In my "output" file I found this.

17.09.2016 09:15: Info [line: 0 Settings -> Load()]: Loading settings
    17.09.2016 09:15: Error [line: 0 Stats -> SendError()]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    17.09.2016 09:15: Error [line: 0 Settings -> UnhandledException()]: Log exception -> Message: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Michael\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles'.
    StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.Directory.EnumerateFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at LauncherCommon.Core.Settings.LoadProfiles(IEnumerable1 foldernames, String ext)
    at LauncherCommon.Core.Settings..ctor()
    at LauncherCommon.Core.Settings.Load(ILauncherSettings launcher)
    at A3Launcher.App.Main(String[] args)

Was working fine about 1 hour ago also, Have tried fully uninstalling/Updating/Restarting PC. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

• mine is saying the exact same thing for some reason i go to launch the a3 launcher it says there was an error that can not be recovered from so i tried deleting the entire thing from my pc and restarting it and it still is not working

• Same here , can't start the a3launcher

• 16.09.2016 19:40: Info [line: 0 Settings -> Load()]: Loading settings
    16.09.2016 19:40: Error [line: 0 Stats -> SendError()]: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
    16.09.2016 19:40: Error [line: 0 Settings -> UnhandledException()]: Log exception -> Message: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\JeanMik\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles'.
    StackTrace: à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit() à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) à System.IO.Directory.EnumerateFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) à LauncherCommon.Core.Settings.LoadProfiles(IEnumerable1 foldernames, String ext)
    à LauncherCommon.Core.Settings..ctor()
    à LauncherCommon.Core.Settings.Load(ILauncherSettings launcher)
    à A3Launcher.App.Main(String[] args)

• Yep, having the same issue as well. Clean install, first time using the A3 Launcher downloaded off the website an hour ago. First time it installed, it attempted to patch itself, then got the same error. Have tried multiple times to delete and reinstall, and just receive the error on execution each time.

Same log from my output file:

16.09.2016 18:41: Info [line: 0 Settings -> Load()]: Loading settings
    16.09.2016 18:41: Error [line: 0 Stats -> SendError()]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    16.09.2016 18:41: Error [line: 0 Settings -> UnhandledException()]: Log exception -> Message: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles'.
    StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.Directory.EnumerateFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at LauncherCommon.Core.Settings.LoadProfiles(IEnumerable1 foldernames, String ext)
    at LauncherCommon.Core.Settings..ctor()
    at LauncherCommon.Core.Settings.Load(ILauncherSettings launcher)
    at A3Launcher.App.Main(String[] args)

• same error here. was fine yesterday

• So, looks like it's looking for a folder in My Documents called "Arma 3 - Other Profiles" while the system-created folder in there is simply "Arma 3". If I make a copy of "Arma 3" and rename it to "Arma 3 - Other Profiles", A3 Launcher successfully starts up.

• Same here. I used A3L to get into a A3 Exile server at 5.00 am this morning and played until 8.00am. I then closed down and went off for some breakfast. When I tried to used A3L at about 8.30am all I got was "There was an error that could not be recovered". I uninstalled A3L and downloaded the installer from the internet. After reinstalling the program I am still getting the same message.

• Tried changing the Arma 3 file in Documents to Arma 3 - Other Profiles (as suggested by Nixon) however launcher still returns same error message.

• You read it wrong i think. I added the folder named 'Arma 3 - Other Profiles' there and left all the other folders/files alone and it worked.

• made a new folder called "Arma 3 - Other Profiles" now it works for me :) in my documents

• Thanks guys - got it working. Strange that this should happen.

• I tried that and its still not working

• Never mind i got it working thank you all so much!!

• Temp fix:

Make a copy of "C:\Users\USER\Documents\ArmA 3"
    Paste it in your documents then rename it to "Arma 3 - Other Profiles"
    You should now have both these files "C:\Users\USER\Documents\ArmA 3" and "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles"
    Start the launcher!

• Thanks @qxNICKxp , Temp fix works!

• @Nixon fuck yeah nixon good job man solved my issue clear as day
    way to get a notice of that for us i got mine to work after i saw that error also

• Support Guru

Looks like your connection to Launcher Support Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.