Stop using sponsored function

• If it was once a month it would be acceptable he hasn't been seen on other forms since the 17th of February, he hasn't made an update to this for over 2 months. If people are paying him for a service that they no longer can use something needs to be done. And yes I do pay for this service to get sponsored listings which now is no longer usable because of a recent update the guy needs to have responsibilities for the people who do pay for services even if it means assigning someone else to do the job when he can't

• @geekm0nkey2018 you need to calm you passion, sounds like you are on a witch hunt.

Iraqi-Syrian Conflict Mod was added on the 23.03.18 & mods are updated once a month. You really don't know people's real life circumstances & the shit they might be dealing with. A3Launcher has been a great addition, without it I wouldn't have any noobs on our servers. Our servers would have been dead if it had been left to Bohemia's Arma3 Launcher.

0_1525310870438_c92ea64d-7354-42cb-92ad-fe5769446c3f-image.png

• Exactly and as such an important part, it should not be the soul responsibility of one person.. There should be someone to fill in, in the event its needed. Now... Honestly... If there were more than one launcher out there... Don't you think that this one at this time would loose popularity, if there were another one ran by a team of supporters and not just one absent guy?

Guess, what... that's what we need right now. And as soon as I can get up to speed on how to communicate with the steam/arma api and replicate what this launcher does, I'm releasing and open source one. Ive already reverse engineered his json data file and know how his process works.. just need to make the back end, that talks to the api...

• oh, and to those who say calm down... Also understand my point of view as a server owner/operator.. I have sunk quite a bit of money into this "hobby", from the cost of the game, on going hosting fees, price of custom modding, paying this guy for sponsored listings (unusable at this time).. So yeah its all pissed away because of a simple mod update has choked up my listing (and others.. i'm not the only one)

Yes, this would be a bit excessive it were bitching about adding a new mod... But this is preventing basic functionality for me and others.

• @geekm0nkey2018 Cup Weapons is good to go again on A3Launcher.

Add your server again here: http://a3.launcher.eu/check

I googled you and added this sever for you: 104.192.227.34:2307

• I feel your frustration but I dont think boycotting A3Launcher & asking the community to stop using the sponsor service (which is working fine) is going to help anyone.

Your servers should be running fine in A3Launcher now.

• My apologizes. And thank you for the resolution.

• @geekm0nkey2018 said in Stop using sponsored function:

oh, and to those who say calm down... Also understand my point of view as a server owner/operator.. I have sunk quite a bit of money into this "hobby", from the cost of the game, on going hosting fees, price of custom modding, paying this guy for sponsored listings (unusable at this time).. So yeah its all pissed away because of a simple mod update has choked up my listing (and others.. i'm not the only one)

Yes, this would be a bit excessive it were bitching about adding a new mod... But this is preventing basic functionality for me and others.

What can I say? Do you think you are the only one who does this?
    I too, like many others, have costs, invest time etc. pp.

Since playing on my server is free for players, I am only interested peripherally if players come or not. Those who want to play, play. Those who don't, let it go.

It makes absolutely NO difference to me if there are 2 or 200 players on the server....... the result (monetary) remains the same.
    And the time you invest? Honestly? The fewer freaks on the server, the less work you have.

• Maca, again my apologies for the inappropriate nature of this thread.. Feel free to delete it.

• administrators

Ok so... found this on my way to doing some mods.

I do my best to keep on top of mod additions, when mods update it can take a day or so for the information to get to me (this is one of the primary reasons for discord) which can stop a server showing up (If you use steam workshop versions of mod were possible (which includes the meta.cpp) this wont happen).

The one thing that will not help is bitching or trying to get people to stop paying for listing as this would only result in no launchers at all...

Looks like your connection to Launcher Support Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.